ABOUT SAINIK SCHOOL:
Sainik School is a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik School Society under the Ministry of Defense. In 1961, the then Defense Minister of India, VK Krishna Menon, was conceived to rectify regional and class imbalances between the officer cadre of the Indian Army and to prepare students mentally and physically for admission to the National Defense Academy (NDA). , Khadakwasla, Pune and Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Today 33 such schools are in operation and are proposed to cover all the states of the country in future.
The schools fall under the purview of the respective state governments and the Ministry of Defense, and in their 2008 Union Budget, Finance Minister, P Chidambaram, allocated ₹ 2 crore to each of the 25 Sainik Schools to counter the growing trend in the defense forces. Can go Especially at the officer level.  First Sainik School in 1960 under UP State Government Samporan Nanda was opened in UP and after other Sainik Schools we opened. UP Sainik School near Amausi Airport is the only Sainik School under the Lucknow State Government.
SAINIK SCHOOLS SOCIETY:
Sainik School Society is an organization under the Ministry of Defense. The main executive body of the Sainik School Society is a Board of Governors headed by the Minister of Defense. There is an executive committee headed by the Secretary of Defense to closely control and supervise the affairs of military schools. The day-to-day work of the Society is managed by Dar (Trg) and Honey Seki, assisted by Inspection Officers, Under Secretary, Sainik School Society (Sainik School Cell). Employees for the cell are provided by MoD. The local administration of the school is looked after by a local board of administration headed by the Sainik Center of the respective command where the Sainik School is located.
VISION SAINIK SCHOOL:
To provide quality education to the children of rural masses and to develop the qualities of body, mind and character which will enable young boys to become good and useful citizens and eventually become a feeder for the National Defense Academy.
MISSION SAINIK SCHOOL:
The school was conceived with the objective of taking public school education from door to door and sending its cadets to the National Defense Academy.
DO YOU KNOW FIRST SAINIK SCHOOL IN INDIA?
Sainik School Lucknow was established in July 1960. Only one of the Sainik Schools run by the state government, whose alumnus, Captain Manoj Pandey, received the Param Vir Chakra posthumously. It was the first Sainik School in the country, and other Sainik Schools were established on the same lines under the Ministry of Defense, Government of India. Education in this school is funded by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. It is a residential English medium school for boys affiliated to the CBSE board.
The school is run by the Uttar Pradesh Sainik School Society, which is registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act (1860). It is the only Sainik school fully funded and managed by the state government.
LIST OF SAINIK SCHOOL IN INDIA:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Nagrota||22-Aug-1970|
|Himachal Pradesh||Sujanpur Tihra||02-Nov-1978|
|Mizoram||Chhingchhip||21 April 2017|
LIST OF UPCOMING SAINIK SCHOOLS IN INDIA:
- Sainik School, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Sainik School, Godda, Jharkhand
- Sainik School, Sambalpur, Odisha
- Sainik School, Alwar, Rajasthan
- Sainik School, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Sainik School, Mathanahel in Mathanahal of Jhajjar district was announced by the Haryana government in 2018. The foundation stone was laid in 2003 by the then Defense Minister George Fernandez, but no progress was made. In 2018, with the efforts of the Finance Minister of Haryana, Captain Abhimanyu, the BJP government of Haryana agreed to provide funds and 100 acres of land in the villages of Mathanahal and Rudiawas to establish this school. This Haryana will be the state in India with only 3 states Sainik School.
- Sainik School, Pali, Rajasthan
- Sainik School, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
- Sainik School, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Sainik School, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Sainik School Dausa, Rajasthan
- Sainik School Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Sainik School Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Sainik School, Kashmir
- Sainik School, Leh
- Sainik School, Port Blair